Covid 19 tennis guidance
The First Minister on Thursday 28 May 2020 announced relaxation of rules, signalling the return to tennis in Scotland.
The LTA and Tennis Scotland then developed a set of practical guidelines to follow so that tennis could continue to be played in Scotland. There has been a further relaxation of guidance since these Guidelines were first published.
For any current restrictions please refer to the Scottish Government (www.gov.scot) and LTA (www.lta.org.uk) websites.
The guidance below, is included to highlight steps that can be taken by individuals playing tennis, to reduce the risk of contracting or spreading infection. Particularly, if the rate of covid infection is know to be high.
General guidelines :
- Anyone who is shielding should NOT use these courts
- Anyone who has Covid-19 symptoms should NOT use these courts
- Wash your hands when you leave home before playing and when you return home after playing tennis on these courts.
NOTE - Some guidelines below, have been relaxed in line with recent guidance, but are included for those who wish to continue to follow this guidance (preferring to continue to be cautious when playing tennis during the covid pandemic).
Court guidelines :
- The 2 courtside benches should not be used at the present time
- Net winders should not be used (nets will be left at the correct height)
- The gate to the courts should be left open at all times
- A maximum of 4 players are allowed on the courts and a maximum of 2 players per court at any time
- The floodlights should not be used.
Player guidelines :
- Players should only play singles unless the doubles pairing are from the same household
- Players should observe the social distancing guidelines at all times and be at least 2m away from all other players (especially when changing ends)
- Players should only use their own equipment e.g. rackets
- Players should bring their own tennis balls which are clearly marked, for serving, other players’ balls should NOT be handled if possible
- Players should bring their own hand sanitizers to the courts
- Players waiting to play and spectators should stay outside the courts at all times and observe social distancing measures
- Players are advised to clean their equipment before and after playing
- Players should NOT share food or drink.